What is mindfulness?
How is it introduced to students at B.D. Somani?
What aids are used to enhance the understanding of this concept?
What are the different kinds of Mindfulness exercises children are introduced to?
What are the benefits of Mindfulness?
How can parents experience Mindfulness for themselves?
- Start by breathing in and out slowly. One breath cycle should last for approximately 6 seconds.
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, letting your breath flow effortlessly in and out of your body.
- Let go of your thoughts. Let go of things you have to do later today or pending projects that need your attention. Simply let thoughts rise and fall of their own accord and be at one with your breath.
- Purposefully watch your breath, focusing your sense of awareness on its pathway as it enters your body and fills you with life.
- Watch with your awareness as it works work its way up and out of your mouth and becomes one with the world.
How can parents support this initiative at home?
Many children have already taught the practices to their parents and encouraged them to use them. You can practice the breathing exercise explained above as a family. Another one you can try is the Mindful Jar, which you can download here.