Welcome back to #MondayMath once again.
We have been posing Math questions every Monday on our Facebook page. These are questions that our students also encounter in Mathematics classes at B.D. Somani.
Last week’s question involved the digit 5. This week’s question involves a 5-digit number.
Use the following clues to find the greatest five digit number that satisfies all the given conditions.
- All the five digits are different.
- None of the five digits are 1.
- The digit in the ten thousand’s place is greater than 7.
- The sum of all the five digits is 18.
- The greatest digit is equal to the sum of all the four digits.
Source: Singapore Math